Why Your Mission Statement Is A Crucial Component Of Your Brand
If you want to create a strong brand that can inspire your customers and your staff alike and that has the potential to grow to massive heights, what is the first place you should start?
A lot of people will be thinking ‘logo’. Actually though, this is rather getting ahead of yourself and there are definitely better places to start.
And specifically, where you actually need to begin is with a mission statement.
What is a Mission Statement and Why Does it Matter?
Your mission statement is essentially a brief summary of your business and what you aim to accomplish. This is not so much about what you do as it is about why you do it and how you do it.
For example, Coca Cola’s mission statement is not: “to make money from selling sugary drinks”. Instead, it is:
“Our mission is: To refresh the world in mind, body and spirit. To inspire moments of optimism and happiness through our brands and actions.”
This is important because that’s an idea that you can much more easily get behind. At the same time, this makes it much easier for them to start visualizing their marketing campaigns and to create something that will really inspire people.
It’s out of this initial statement that the company has gone on to create logos that look refreshing, colourful and cheerful. And it has helped them envisage marketing campaigns like their Christmas adverts.
The same goes for any business: you need to know what you’re trying to accomplish to know what message you’re trying to put across in your branding. Your logo doesn’t just describe what you do: it evokes a feeling and inspires the imagination.
What is it you’re trying to achieve then, and how will you communicate this?
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016