Three Mistakes to Avoid When Advertising Your Services
Service providers are all over the Internet these days. You can find them on forums, advertising on Craigslist, using job boards like ProBlogger or on freelancing sites like E-Lance. There are lots of ways that you can advertise your services but one thing you want to keep in mind is that it’s easy to make mistakes if you haven’t ever advertise before. Here are three mistakes to avoid you’re considering advertising your services.
1. They Go with the Cheapest Service Possible:
If you’re going to advertise, you definitely shouldn’t go with the cheapest option that you have. As the saying goes, good things are cheap and cheap things are good. If you want effective advertising find out what is working for other people and use it even if it cost a little extra money. You will find that it is definitely worth it in the long run and you might get enough short-term results to make it worth it as well. Just as you wouldn’t want the cheapest doctor or dentist in town working on you, you don’t want the cheapest advertising service out there representing your business.
2. Not Doing Their Research
Another problem that freelancers and service providers have when it comes to advertising is that they just randomly pick a venue and start throwing money at it. What you should do, is make sure that an advertising method is actually going to work for your particular service and the other people have had results with the same type of advertising and the same company that you’re going with. Check out some expert advice on advertising in your particular niche, and get with other people that do the same thing that you do for recommendations – or at the very least read reviews before you spend any money.
3. They Don’t Do It at All
Believe it or not, the biggest mistake that service providers make is that they don’t do any advertising in all. Somehow they think that the word is his can get out there without them actually taking an aggressive role to spread the word. If you don’t have all the work you can handle right now, you should be advertising. Even if you don’t have a budget there ways that you can advertise for free until you can save enough to use an advertising service that will get you major results.
PS. A good way to learn to think like an entrepreneur is to get yourself a copy of the entrepreneurial mindset guide. It's available now – Click Here
PowerUp Mentoring – Entrepreneurial Success Crash Course
- Who’s the Right Candidate for Entrepreneurial Success? - June 17, 2016
- Top Five Ways to Be the Best Service Provider You Can Be - June 8, 2016
- Top 3 Business Strategies for Online Entrepreneurs - May 30, 2016
- Three Mistakes to Avoid When Advertising Your Services - May 21, 2016
- Successful Entrepreneurs Take Personal Responsibility - May 12, 2016
- Successful Entrepreneurs Are Always Alert and Aware - May 3, 2016
- How to Make the Most of a Failed Business Strategy - April 24, 2016
- Five Powerful Morning Habits to Help You Become More Successful - April 15, 2016
- Do Successful Entrepreneurs Always Take Big Risks? - April 6, 2016
- 3 Powerful Ways to Recognize an Opportunity - March 28, 2016