Success Principle 7: Live on Purpose
For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. (Jeremiah 29:11)
Your life is unfolding just as God wants it to. Stop walking around living life in a haphazard, accidental zone. Things don’t “just happen” to you.
We serve a purposeful God, so we must live with purpose and determination. Stop reacting to life events as if you are a victim of accident or chance. Know who you are and more importantly who God is in your life. Your purpose is being revealed as you learn and grow through every situation that materializes in your life.
Circumstances do not determine your success in life.
You determine your success by how you handle every obstacle that comes in your path to block you!
Think about grocery shopping. What do most experts in the area of diet tell you about it? Not to shop while you are hungry. Instead go shopping on a full stomach.
Because if you don’t you end up buying stuff you don’t need for your body that will make you fat, unhealthy, and unable to perform to the best of your ability.
The circumstance was what? You went grocery shopping hungry. Because you did not control the circumstance of being hungry before going the grocery store; you allowed the circumstance to determine your life at that moment in time.
The outcome: You ended up doing something you did not intend on doing, spending money you did not need to spend and getting junk you didn’t need in the first place. This is what happens in life when we don’t walk purposefully every day!
God knows the plans He has for us. If we don’t wake up each and every day with our mind focused on that fact then we don’t walk purposely and miss out on so many open doors to opportunities!
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016