Success Principle 6: Have Great Expectations
And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. (Philippians 1:6)
Have you ever prayed for something and when it happened you were amazed – as if you didn’t expect it to really work? I can admit that has happened to me. Another common mistake is to pray for something and then try to solve it in your own power, as if to help God out.
Faith is belief in God, belief in yourself and an expectation that God will move in your situation. Expect God to do great things through you and in you. Success will come when you let God be God and go with His flow. This takes a certain amount of trust in God. You can trust Him when you know who He is in your life.
Call upon Jehovah Jireh who is our provider: The one who gives us everything that we need. Expect God to move in your life. Rest in the fact that He is Jehovah Shammah. He is there!
What a great way to live trusting and depending on God, and knowing he is there for you.
Life will be difficult! Yes there will be hard times! Yes, there will hills to climb! Yes, you will lose some friends! Yes, you will lose some of yourself (the stuff that needs to go)! But…
When you expect GOD, He will come through.
Don’t expect man! Don’t expect self! Expect God to do what He says He will do because as Phil 1:6 tells us, He will complete it.
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016