Success Principle 3: Your Faith is Powerful
"And the Lord answered, If you had faith (trust and confidence in God) even [so small] like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, be pulled up by the roots, and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you." (Luke 17:6)
The Bible is full of testimonies of power through faith. So many Christians rely on worldly faith when spiritual faith is readily available through belief in your heart, which is the only requirement. The kind of faith Jesus spoke about in Luke 17:6 is powerful.
With this faith we have the power, might, or strength to uproot a mulberry tree. A MULBERRY TREE! Have you ever seen a mulberry tree?
A mulberry tree, depending on its species, can grow to be anywhere from 30 to 80 feet in size. It has thick branches and a trunk that, if I am mathematically correct, can grow up to about 5 to 7 feet in circumference or bigger. The tree can branch out to be as wide as some homes!
Like many others, growing up I believed the mulberry to be a small bush because of a childhood song we sang. You might remember it, too. It went “Here we go ‘round the mulberry bush.” Don’t underestimate the power of that innocent belief. The mulberry is a tree and a very powerful one. Bushes tend to be easy to uproot, but a tree, and a mulberry one at that…WOW!
Just imagine what you can do with that kind of faith?
Is the picture clearer now? And just to clarify, you don’t have to have super faith either. You can have faith the size of a mustard seed, which is about 1/20th of an inch!
No more bush thinking. You have the POWER through your faith to uproot a giant!
- What is Life-Long Learning? - October 5, 2017
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016