Success Principle 2: Live By the Word
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105)
Imagine walking down a dark hallway, a little frustrated because you stumble on something, but you cannot see how to get around it because it is so dark. What do you do? Would you continue on or turn on the light so you can navigate safely and with direction?
The Word, according to Psalm 119:105, is a lamp to your feet and light to your pathway. It is through His word that you will understand the will for your life and stop trying to do it your way.
You no longer have to stumble through this sometimes dark life without light.
Everything you need to know to be successful is in God’s Word. There is so much positive wisdom for life in the Word, and all you have to do is open the Book.
Start by setting aside some time every day to allow God’s Word to be a light for your path. Take that time to read and meditate on God’s Word. Within that reading and meditation, look for His plan and purpose for your life.
In understanding the Word, we have to be willing to take the Word line upon line, precept upon precept without church doctrine, worldly logic, or even your own thoughts. Pour all of those things out and read the Word for what it really says, allowing it to fill back up the area you emptied within yourself.
Study to show thyself approved, and you will find that God’s Word has not only the answer, but also the anecdote for whatever is blocking your view of success!
Having daily quiet time and reading the bible every day is important, but most important is your focus on LIVING it every day! Once you’ve read, you must take action on what you’ve learned in order for it to make a real difference in the direction your life is going and the amount of success you develop.
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016