Success Principle 1: Start With Prayer
Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly] (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Success without prayer is like a pool without water. Something vital is missing in order for you to get the full potential out of the pool. And the same is true for success. You can never really get to your full potential without prayer. It is the vital element that, if left out, will leave you empty and wondering how to fill the space.
Prayer is communicating with God, one-on-one. The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing! That means consult the Father about everything. Allow Him to become so ingrained in your life that you cannot imagine life without your prayer time with God.
Your success depends on your relationship with God.
A true relationship with God centers on our communication with Him. Too many times we make prayer a magical incantation when it is not. It is simple communion with the Father who knows all, is all, and has all things already planned out for you!
Prayer is also about listening to and hearing from God. In the quiet moments of prayer ask for direction and wait for an answer. God will never steer you in the wrong direction.
So pray about everything before, during, and after. There is no necessary posture for prayer. Standing, kneeling, and lying prostrate are not necessary to pray, but you can if you feel so led. While you can do all of those things, and they are important in their own way, you can just as well be in the car (praying with your eyes open!), laying down, or even at your desk in the midst of a meeting, praying! You also don’t have to be loud as you pray, speak in tongues (although it helps), or have an audience to pray. Just pray!
1 Thessalonians 5:17 talks about those quiet prayers without any pretense, at any time, and any place.
True success begins with prayer.
- What is Life-Long Learning? - October 5, 2017
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016