Something New Under the “Son”
It's a new season, and it's planting season! If we will take the time to prepare the soil of our hearts, there is no telling what will spring forth in our lives.
First, we may need to "turn over a new leaf." If you haven't started Spring clean-up, dead leaves and debris are likely hanging around your "yard." Clean 'em up and clear 'em out!
"Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the LORD,
Till He comes and rains
righteousness on you"
* Break up the clods
* Remove the rocks
* Burn the thistles
* Pull up the stumps of things that grew before but are now obstacles in your field.
"Fallow ground" is land that could be productive, but is not usable because it lacks preparation.
Be proactive and prepare yourself for fruitfulness.
After working in the "dirt" (1 Corinthians 3:9), we need to break out the Word for a good scrubbing (Ephesians 5:26). Don't forget your fingernails. Stuff can get lodged in places that need some extra attention at times. And check behind your ears, too (where we don't see, but still need maintenance).
"Create in me a clean heart, O God;and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).
What to plant? Well, my friend, God is the Husbandman, the owner of your "land," and He chooses what He wants to plant. Regardless of the seeds sown, here are some cultivation tips to make sure your new crop grows.
* Take on a new attitude (Ephesians 4:23).
* Put on your new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness (Colossians 3:10).
* Live the new life God has for you (Romans 6:4).
* And then sing a new song to Him (Psalm 33:3).
Now it's time to get a breath of fresh air:
"May the God of hope fill you with all
joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope
by the power of the Holy
Spirit" (Romans 15:13, NIV).
"Let my teaching fall like rain and my
words descend like dew, like
showers on new grass, like
abundant rain on tender plants"
Now let the Son shine on everything, and see what will grow in your life! Cultivate the seeds of promise He's given you. You have a field to tend and dress, and God has a crop to bring forth in its season. Something new under the Son!
- The Power of A.G.R.E.E.ment - December 9, 2016
- Make Like a Tree (Excerpt from “The Scent of Hope) - July 19, 2016
- You Can’t Take That Away From Me! - April 25, 2016
- Celebrate Wormanhood - April 18, 2016
- Something New Under the “Son” - April 11, 2016
- Choose Ye This Choice - April 4, 2016
- Healing in Your Land - March 28, 2016
- The Bare Necessities of Life: Friends and Chocolate, Part 2 - March 21, 2016
- The Bare Necessities of Life: Friends and Chocolate, Part 1 - March 14, 2016
- Pickled in His Presence - March 7, 2016