Simpler Than We Think
While it may be true that we have experienced the “baptism of the Holy Spirit,” perhaps we have not yet fully realized what Jesus has done to us. The birth of the Spirit is a life changing experience. It is nothing short, in fact, of a new life completely. The Spirit that moved Jesus to give His life as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28) is the same Spirit that has filled us. We are not here to simply “go to church.” We are the Church! We are the saints that should be equipped and then released into the already ripe harvest field. Do we really know yet what Jesus has done to us?
The objective in breaking down the principle of “Equipping the Saints” into the above parts is to help church leaders in making a proper analysis of the present situation and then to see how and where future modifications should be made. We can ask ourselves a question concerning each of the seven aspects concerning those with whom we are charged to equip:
- The Mandate – Do they see it?
- The Motive – Have they really felt it?
- The Means – Do they realize that it is possible?
- The Method – Do they know how?
- The Ministry – Do they understand it?
- The Multiplication – Are they part of it?
- The Mentality – Have they received it?
There is no substitute for real revival, and there is no substitute for real personal evangelism principles, the principles that ensure that revival and harvest take place! Let us remember the words of the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:5-6, “Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.” We need mature saints that plant, water, cultivate, and harvest. And we need leaders that can equip these laborers. Notice again that Paul said that he and Apollos were given to every man. They were chosen, they were equipped, and they were sent. The result was great growth. Perhaps real revival is simpler than we think. After all, Paul said, “God gave the increase.” Let us do all we can to equip others and then see what the Lord will do.
- The Principle Of Balance - June 28, 2017
- Near And Dear To God - June 21, 2017
- Gifts And Talents – 6 Considerations - June 14, 2017
- Gifts And Talents - June 7, 2017
- Ready To Build - May 25, 2017
- 4 Criteria For The Nucleus - May 17, 2017
- The Nucleus Concept - May 10, 2017
- Seven Points Of Equipping - April 26, 2017
- What Jesus Has Done To Us - April 19, 2017
- Equipping The Saints - April 12, 2017