Reputation Management: The Basics
Once you’ve spent a lot of time building a brand for yourself, it’s very important to make sure you also put the time in to ensure that brand has a good reputation in the eyes of the public.
In fact, this is one of the biggest problems with any kind of brand: while it can ideally be seen as a mark of quality by your customers, a few missteps can actually end up having the complete opposite effect. If you develop a reputation for yourself as having poor customer service, or of releasing poor quality products, then eventually your brand will be off putting to your customers and will drive people away from using your business.
For these reasons, it’s a very good idea to employ some reputation management to ensure that doesn’t happen. Let’s take a look at how that works.
A lot of reputation management comes down to SEO – or Search Engine Optimization. In this day and age, the fastest way to learn about a business is to search for their name on Google. The impression you then form is of course going to be based on whatever site comes up.
In an ideal situation, you want to ensure that your main business site is the first thing that comes up in the search results (or on the ‘SERPs’ – Search Engine Results Pages).
However, a second best scenario is that a positive review or a business listing for you comes up. What you don’t want is for a bad review to be the first thing people see.
You’ll also spend some time managing reviews and trying to ensure that the overall picture for your business is a popular one.
One way you can do this is by encouraging happy customers to leave reviews (a lot won’t otherwise). Another strategy is to respond to reviews and to try and put unhappy customers at ease.
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016