Practical Considerations For Your Business Name
Have you chosen your business name yet?
Well don’t get too attached!
This is not a decision to be taken lightly and while you may have picked something that you like the sounds of, that accurately describes the nature of your business and that other people have given their vote of confidence: that doesn’t necessarily mean it will tick all the necessary boxes that make it a good choice of name.
Here are some practical considerations to bear in mind!
SEO is ‘search engine optimization’. This means getting your website to the very top of the search engine results and is one of the main ways that many companies promote their websites.
While Apple was a great choice of brand name many decades ago, it wouldn’t work today simply because it would be too hard to rank for. There are too many websites about apples!
What is good about Apple though, is that it is an ‘A’ word. This means that in any alphabetical list it will be right at the top (beneath 123-reg though!). While this shouldn’t have too much of an impact on your choice, it is an important consideration as it can help you get a little more visibility!
Your company name is very likely to be your domain name. That means it’s a good idea to do a search first to make sure that the domain is free. At the same time, you also need to consider how well the word would work as a domain. Is it memorable? Does it flow off the tongue when followed by a ‘.com’?
- What is Life-Long Learning? - October 5, 2017
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016