Practical Considerations for Any Logo
When you create a logo for your company, it’s important to think about how that logo is going to represent what you do and how it is going to evoke the spirit and ideals of your business. This is why it’s so important to have a ‘mission statement’ for your company and to grow your business from that initial statement. Don’t set out to make money by selling X product – set out to do something amazing with a brand and an idea that you really believe in!
It would be nice if this story ended there, but unfortunately it can’t. You see there are practical considerations for a logo too and once you have your idea, you need to ensure that these issues aren’t going to get in the way. Here are some of those considerations you need to consider:
The color of your logo is ultimately going to impact the color of your entire business. Normally the color palette of your website will be heavily inspired by your logo, as will your interior decorating! This is the problem with red: while a great color in terms of standing out, it’s somewhat harsh and is very difficult to work into a relaxing and pleasant design that people want to spend time around.
Your logo won’t just be appearing on your website – it also needs to appear on packaging, on promotional materials and more. Sometimes it will be very small and sometimes it will be black and white. As such, you need to ensure that your logo will look good under any of those circumstances. It must be versatile.
Your logo needs to be unique. Not only is this important to avoid infringing a trademark but also so that people will instantly recognize it as
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016