Near And Dear To God
Revival and harvest are just simply too important to the Lord to take lightly. Having church related programs is not what we are really after. Equipping the saints, and helping them step into needful and appropriate ministries is what will guarantee great church growth. There’s no substitute for revival, and there’s no substitute for founding that revival on biblical principles. Paul wrote in Ephesians 2:22, “In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” This is a perfect description of the church where the members have found their respective places of personal ministry and responsibility.
The Church cannot be and must never gravitate toward being a place where only certain leaders are used in ministry. Equipping the saints for the work of the ministry is what the role of church leadership is really all about. The more we see saints equipped and moved into their own ministries of evangelism and edification, the more we will see growth in our local and national churches.
In his opening remarks to the church at Colossae, Paul reveals what he had earnestly sought God for in fervent prayer. In Colossians 1:9-12 he brings out several points that aptly describe a church in which the members can find their own places in ministry, a church where leaders can help the saints be fitted perfectly by the will of God into positions of greater and greater spiritual responsibility and authority. He says that he desires to see these saints:
- filled with the knowledge of God’s will in wisdom and spiritual understanding
- walk worthy of the Lord, being fruitful in every good work
- increasing in the knowledge of God
- strengthened with all might according to God’s power
- and giving thanks to the Father Who made them worthy of such an inheritance.
Let this be our goal in seeking to use in the best possible way all the abundant gifts that God brings into His Church. Saints are the invaluable tools for producing true harvest, and real church leadership exists to help these members realize their God-given potential.
- 7 Aspects Of A Growing Organization - July 19, 2017
- Organizational Structure - July 11, 2017
- Aspects Of A Balanced Ministry - July 4, 2017
- The Principle Of Balance - June 28, 2017
- Near And Dear To God - June 21, 2017
- Gifts And Talents – 6 Considerations - June 14, 2017
- Gifts And Talents - June 7, 2017
- Ready To Build - May 25, 2017
- 4 Criteria For The Nucleus - May 17, 2017
- The Nucleus Concept - May 10, 2017