Maintaining The Vision
The vision is worth holding onto! And, sometimes, it just won’t be an easy thing to do. But we are responsible as senior leaders to maintain the vision and the spiritual momentum that it generates. The vision will grow and expand and we must be ready to move with it. We must also be discerning as to potential compromises concerning the vision for our work with the Lord. Human and demonic influences will try and seduce us with subtle yet deceiving tactics. We must be watchmen and stand guard over the truth and the vision that springs from it. It is time for apostolic revival and nothing should impair the Church from seeing it become a reality on the local and national level.
Another aspect of maintaining is in regards to knowing where to go based upon where we are now. To know how to continue to go means to know where we have already traveled. And this means making an honest assessment of our real successes and a sincere look at our failures. It certainly also demands a comparison between where we are and where we should be according to the vision. The difference between where we are now and where we should be presents us with two essential needs:
- The need for a real repentance. The noun for repentance is “metanoia,” meaning “an afterthought.” The verb is equally clear, using “metanoeo,” meaning, “to perceive afterwards.” We should be ready to admit that we are not where we should be, and be ready for the changes necessary to get us there. This is part of maintaining the proper vision.
- The need to agree (according to the vision) that the difference noted between where we are and where we should be represents that which is waiting to be fulfilled by real ministry. This we have already seen in Ephesians 1. In other words, now we should be able to see where we need to go and how once more to get there. There is a principle that should be studied here. Once we have identified the need, we can formulate a ministry to meet that need. Knowing what kind of ministry is necessary gives a picture of what kind of leadership will be required for that ministry, and this, in turn, tells us what kind of training will be needed for those respective leaders.
- The Principle Of Balance - June 28, 2017
- Near And Dear To God - June 21, 2017
- Gifts And Talents – 6 Considerations - June 14, 2017
- Gifts And Talents - June 7, 2017
- Ready To Build - May 25, 2017
- 4 Criteria For The Nucleus - May 17, 2017
- The Nucleus Concept - May 10, 2017
- Seven Points Of Equipping - April 26, 2017
- What Jesus Has Done To Us - April 19, 2017
- Equipping The Saints - April 12, 2017