Focus Scripture: Hebrews 12:1-3 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Goals take time, tenacity, commitment, and patience. In our spiritual walk, sometimes, we move forward, slowly or in small steps. The important thing to remember is; our ultimate goal is to become more and more like Christ.
Progress, not perfection:
When we become Christians We begin a journey of learning Who God is, learning to trust Him and ultimately becoming His witness. It’s a life long journey.
- 1 Corinthians 15:31 – Paul said, “I die daily” – He seemed concerned with winning each days battle understanding success will come one day at a time.
- Psalms 37:23 – “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.” Although the destination is the ultimate goal each individual step counts.
- Song Of Solomon 2:15 – “the little foxes, that spoil the vines:” This warning illustrates the importance of the small things
Eye on the prize
Philippians 3:14 – “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
Mathew 14:28 – “But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.”
- When Peter took his off the Lord and focused on the storm he began to sink. We must keep our eyes on Jesus
- Genesis 3:6 – Eve got in trouble when “she saw” the tree was good for food, and pleasant to the eyes
Luke 9:6 “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
- No turning back … no turning back!
- Keep your eyes focused on eternal life!
Enjoy The Journey
John 10:10 – “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
Romans 14:7 – "for the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."
- The Blessing Of Righteousness – Roman 5:21 – "… Grace reigns through righteousness …"therefore Gods divine influence in your life is enjoyed through your relationship with Him.
- The Blessing Of Peace – Philippians 4:7 – "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"
- The Blessing Joy – Nehemiah 8:10 – "… for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Our ultimate goal is to make heaven our home. This goal must be lived out each and every day with he help and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Sometime the progress is slow but as long as we are progressing we will be successful. Keep your eyes on Jesus and enjoy the blessing of the Christian Life
Action: Take the small decision seriously. Do something small today and allow it to encourage.
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016