Focus Scripture: Matthew 17:7 – “And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.”
- Life is tough!
- Your failures do not define you, your successes do.
- Even the most successful in life have experienced failures. Consider Donald Trump who has gone bankrupt multiple times. Consider Thomas Edison who had dozens of failures before he invented the light bulb.
The prodigal came home:
- Luke 15:21 – “And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.”
- We all have made mistakes in our lives.
- We have things that we have done or things we have said that we wish we could do over again.
- Our sin gives us a feeling of guilt.
- Guilt keeps us from praising God and worshiping Him as we should.
- Guilt keeps us from enjoying the full extent of fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Guilt keeps us from being the kind of witness that God wants us to be.
- We could wallow in self-pitty and guilt, but we don’t have to.
The sinner can repent:
- Romans 3:23 – “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- All of us have sinned.
- No one is perfect, no not one.
- God made a way for us to be forgiven of our sins.
- Through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus.
- Jesus was tempted in all manner as we are but without sin.
- If we repent, God will forgive us.
The Christian who fails can find forgiveness and new strength:
- 1 John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- If we humble ourselves and confess our sins and failures God will forgive us.
- He will provide us strength to overcome the evil one.
- He will provide strength for us to forsake doing wrong and strive to do right.
- He has provided us the Holy Spirit to guide and direct us if we will just let Him.
Action: Be Holy
- Leviticus 19:2 – “Speake unto all the Congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.”
- God loved us so much He sent His only son to die for our sins.
- We should love Him enough to get up and shake off our failings and live for Him.
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016