Focus Scripture: John 14:16 – “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;”
- Jesus promised us a comforter.
- A comforter to provide guidance and rest.
- This comforter, the Holy Spirit, abides with us and is in us.
We Are To Be Workers For The Lord
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 – “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”
- We should look for ways to serve Christ and His kingdom.
- Even though we are laboring for Christ, there is rest for our spirit as we do so.
- As Christians we are assured of our home n Heaven.
- But night (death) is coming when we can work no more.
- We should be “always abounding in the work of the Lord.”
Relax and be Content
- Matthew 6:30, 31 – “Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?”
- The Lord does not want us to worry, He will provide.
- We can relax and be content because our future is decided.
- In this life there will be sorrow, but it is short-lived compared to eternity.
- Lean on the Lord.
- Things are seldom as bad as they seem at first.
- John 15:10-11 – “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.”
- The Christian life should be full of joy.
- We are children of God.
- We should have “joy unspeakable.” (1 Peter 1:8)
- I like the saying: “God is still working on me.”
- Enjoy the Christian journey.
Action: Chill Out!
- 2 Timothy 1:12 – “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”
- Be happy for we know what awaits us.
- Settle in to a life of labor for Christ and rest through the Holy Spirit.
- Ease up and relax for God will take care of us!
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016