Focus Scriptures: Psalms 24:3-5 KJV “Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.”
James 4:8 KJV “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”
- Repent and turn away from your sins
- Clean up your life
- Let your life shine for Christ
- Mark 1:15 – “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
- The gospel, or good news, is that Christ has come
- He calls us to repent and turn away from our sins
- He loved us enough to die for us – We should love Him enough to repent
Get Your Heart Right with God
- Colossians 3:2 – “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
- It is not enough to say we repent
- True repentance is a change of the heart
- Do not dirty your mind by carnal thinking
- Contemplate on His love, His Word, and our reward
Let Your Actions Speak
- Acts 26:20 – “But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”
- Let your actions shine forth Christ
1. Clean up your language.
- language is a powerful force and can be offensive to God, watch, content, and slang
2. Clean up your life.
- where you go, what you see, what your do, and how you interact with people
3. Clean up your family.
- be the leader of your family
- model righteous behavior
4. Clean up your relation with God.
- develop an active prayer life, seek His will not your won.
- attend worship services on a regular basis
- Psalms 18:25 – “With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;”
- If you claim Jesus as your Lord and Savior, people are watching you
- What kind of person do they see? One who has a clean heart, clean mind, and clean life, or one who is only “righteous” on Sunday morning
- Leviticus 11:44 – “For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:. . .”
- To be holy is to be set apart, to be different than the world
- Separation from the world, the things of the world
- Modesty on dress, speech and action
- Disctinction of the sexes
- Worship God in spirit and truth, this is a two-fold cleansing of flesh and spirit.
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 4 - September 29, 2016