20 Reasons Not To Sin 16-20
16. Sin Sets the Sinner Against God, the Church, Holiness, Life, Blessing and Victory
- There is NO NEUTRALITY when it comes to spiritual things!
- Matthew 12:30 – He who is not with Me is against Me.
- I not only SIN AGAINST God, but I SET MYSELF AGAINST Him
- I am working against the church, and even the Holy Ghost – I am making life harder for my fellow believers!
- Even our SECRET sins can have public consequences (Achan).
- We are ONE BODY – please don’t sin against us!
17. Sin Saps the Anointing
- The anointing of God is a precious commodity that empowers us for action and service; through it, God’s kingdom is advanced.
- BUT SIN CAN RENDER THE ANOINTING INEFFECTIVE, as it literally poisons our whole spiritual system.
- No sinful pleasure, however special it may be, can possibly be worth losing the anointing.
- For a while, it appears that we can mess up and minister at the same time; but gradually, the pollution drives the Holy Spirit away.
- Worst of all, by destroying the anointing on one person’s life, hundreds – even thousands – who would have been blessed will have to turn elsewhere. Don’t squander your anointing!
18. Sin Steals Time
- Stolen goods can be replaced, broken relationships can be restored, but wasted time can never be regained – EVEN IN ETERNITY! And sin steals our time!
- First, there is the time it actually takes to sin! (You could have been doing something for God, spending time with your family, or working on one of those projects you just can’t get finished)
- ANY other use of your time would have been better! And sometimes the consequences of our sin last for months or years!
- Second, there is the time it takes to get your heart right with God again. Even though it’s time spent with the Lord, it’s still wasted since all you are doing is regaining lost ground (i.e. a wrong turn)
- Third, there is the time lost battling that same sin in the future, since sin is highly addictive and dangerously habit-forming.
- Instead of walking victoriously, you are now bogged down with temptation. WAS IT WORTH IT?
19. Sin Has Eternal Consequences
- Your sin affects people that admire you or look to you as a role model – it can seriously affect their relationship with Jesus.
- The effects of your sin can last forever – in another life!
- James 3:1 – Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
- Matthew 18:6 – It will be terrible for people who cause even one of my little followers to sin. Those people would be better off thrown into the deepest part of the ocean with a heavy stone tied around their necks! (CEV)
- Parents, remember that your children are watching your complacent, lethargic, lukewarm attitude about church!
20. Your Sin Will Always Find You Out
- Numbers 32:23 – You may be sure that your sin will find you out.
- In God’s universe, nobody really gets away with anything!
- 1 Timothy 5:24 – The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them.
- Ecclesiastes 12:14 – For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
- If you are just playing games, only asking for forgiveness so you can go and sin again, deceiving yourself into thinking that your sin is not so bad, or thinking that God would never punish you …
- Remember – your sin will chase you and bring you down!
DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE TO SIN? 20 REASONS SAY “NO!”
But, just in case you waver, here is the most important reason of all …
Your Sin Could Cost You Your Salvation!
- Listen to the saints rejoicing in heaven, free from pain and suffering, never to sorrow again, gazing on the face of their Savior
- Then listen to the cries of the damned, weeping and gnashing their teeth, tormented in the flames, separated from God forever
- WHAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL? SIN! Don’t let it rob you of your eternal soul
“Sin will keep you longer than you intended to stay, take you further than you intended to go, and cost you more than you intended to spend.”
Matthew 5:29-30 So if your eye—even if it is your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your hand—even if it is your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
- What is Life-Long Learning? - October 5, 2017
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016