20 Reasons Not To Sin 10-15
11. Sin Hurts the Sinner
- The fact that sin hurts the Lord might help you to resist temptation when you’re feeling spiritual. But what about when you’re feeling natural? What about those times when spiritual thoughts don’t motivate you in the least? That’s when you need to remember that SIN HURTS YOU TOO! Sin messes everything up.
12. Sin Hurts the Sinner’s Family and Friends
- Sin never stops with the sinner alone – there are always wider consequences.
- Parents, you can literally make or break your family by your lifestyle and conduct, putting them through years of grief or pointing them to a solid Rock.
- Teenagers, you can show your peers that there really is a living God, or you can live opposite of what your church preaches, telling them that their sin is more real than your God.
- Could my example influence someone else to backslide? Sin is highly infectious!
13. Sin Brings Reproach (to the Sinner, to the Church, and to the name of the Lord)
- When a Christian sins in public, it makes the Church as a whole look bad, just like when a fanatical Muslim blows himself up to kill others, he makes Islam as a whole look monstrous.
- Our foolishness, our compromise, our hypocrisy, our worldliness, and our sin make the Church look bad.
- Our sin makes JESUS look bad too! Now, because of some of His followers, He’s associated with sex scandals, greed, etc.
- Jesus lived a sin-free life on this earth, but we can dirty His perfect reputation by our sin.
14. Sin Makes Light of the Blood of Jesus
- When you give in to sin, you willfully engage in the very things that cost Jesus His life.
- 1 Peter 1:18-19 – Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
- How can we betray that blood? What a slap in God’s face.
- Hebrews 10:28-29 – Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
15. Sin Puts the Sinner on the Side of the Devil, Demons and the World
- There is a terrible war raging every single hour of every day, with the forces of darkness assaulting all that is good.
- Demons delight in causing pain … hearing the terrified screams of a child being abused … seeing the tears at the funeral of a young boy accidentally killed in a gang shooting …
- At this very moment, demon spirits are urging on a prison guard who is torturing one of our brothers or sisters, imprisoned for the cause of Christ
- At this very moment, demon spirits are birthing another religion, designed to take more souls to hell.
- At this very moment, demon spirits are seeking to afflict someone with depression, a terminal illness, or a hideous addiction.
- AND WHEN WE SIN, WE JOIN FORCES WITH HELL AND BECOME ACCOMPLICES OF THE DEVIL!
- Every day, the world throbs with seductive power, using every possible means to turn people’s attention away from the Lord. When we sin, we help to fuel the fire of ungodliness.
- Demons call to us and we heed their call … they invite us to party with them and we accept their invitation … we become friends with the world and enemies of God!
- What is Life-Long Learning? - October 5, 2017
- How to Make the Most of Lifelong Learning - March 9, 2017
- Why You Should Be A Lifelong Learner - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Cultivating Curiosity - January 9, 2017
- How to Make Lifelong Learning a Priority - December 9, 2016
- Perceived Obstacles to Lifelong Learning - November 9, 2016
- Social Influence – Lesson 5 - October 15, 2016
- Join Up! - October 11, 2016
- Bible Project – Genesis - October 5, 2016
- Strategies Of The Proverbs Women - October 5, 2016